These cookies are necessary for the basic functions of the shop.
"Allow all cookies" cookie
"Decline all cookies" cookie
These cookies are used to make the shopping experience even more appealing, for example for the recognition of the visitor.
Statistics & Tracking
Track device being used
Prices plus VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
2% online discount
If you buy 1 of the products of this action, you will receive a discount of 2% .
2% online discount
2% online discount
Product of the month January:
The new FFP2 mask with CE made in Germany - order your 20 pack now at the discounted price! :-)
- Order number: 81925
VISIOcoach Professional (for Eye Care Specialists) - Art. No. 81925 VISIOcoach Professional is... more
Product information "VISIOcoach professional (for Eye Care Specialists)"
VISIOcoach Professional (for Eye Care Specialists) - Art. No. 81925
VISIOcoach Professional is the management tool for your VISIOcoach patients - a new training software for Hemianopia.
VISIOcoach can be used as a visual training for homonymous visual field defects (Hemianopia), especially due to brain damage (stroke, injury, tumor etc.). This version for professionals can be used, to analyse your patient's training data. It was developed by the Vision Rehabilitation Research Unit, Centre for Ophthalmology, University of Tübingen. For patients, the consumer version is available (Art. No. 81920).
The Vision Rehabilitation Research Unit, University of Tübingen, has developed a compensatory eye movement training (explorative saccade-training) for patients with homonymous visual field defects (homonymous hemianopia or quadrantanopia) and has proven its effect in a randomized and controlled study (Roth et al. 2009).
The aim of the training is the improved utilization of the total field of gaze by explorative eye movements towards the blind visual field area. The training improves explorative scanning of the visual surrounding and therefore orientation ability by fast eye movements (saccades), especially on the side of the field defect. This contributes to an improvement of independence and quality of life of the patients. The areas of application are spatial orientation disabilities, caused by homonymous visual field defects after brain damage (stroke, injury, tumor, etc.). The program was specially developed for hemianopic field defects. It might also be suitable
for other diseases (for example hemineglect), but it is not yet tested for this purpose.
The training has to be done twice a day for 30 minutes on five days per week for a period of eight weeks.
VISIOcoach is a development of the Vision Rehabilitation Research Unit, Centre for Ophthalmology, University of Tübingen, Prof. Dr. S. Trauzettel-Klosinski. Mrs. Angelika Cordey gives orthoptical support. Positive effects have been proven in a randomized and controlled study (Roth et al. 2009):
- Roth T, et al. (2009). Comparing explorative saccade and flicker training in hemianopia: A randomized controlled study. Neurology, 72: 324-331.
- Roth T, et al. (2009). Sakkadentraining verbessert visuelle Exploration bei Hemianopsie - Eine randomisierte kontrollierte Studie. Zeitschrift für praktische Augenheilkunde, 30: 403-410.
- Trauzettel-Klosinski S (2012) Visuelles Rehabilitations-training bei homonymen Gesichtsfeldausfällen. Ophthalmologe, 109:496 - 500
- Cordey A (2012) Exploratives Sakkadentraining - Kompensation von homonymen Gesichtsfelddefekten. Orthoptik – Pleoptik 35:19-28
- Comes on a USB stick, which contains the licence information, ready to install
- Can be installed on Microsoft Windows XP, Vista and 7
- Every usual computer or laptop can be used
- Available in English and German
Demo version and information material
- Here you can download the > Demo <! (For Windows XP or Vista you will need Microsoft .NET)
- Here you can download a product > flyer <!
- Here you can download an > article on Hemianopia < from ZPA!
Related links to "VISIOcoach professional (for Eye Care Specialists)"
Read, write and discuss reviews... more
Customer evaluation for "VISIOcoach professional (for Eye Care Specialists)"
Write an evaluation
Evaluations will be activated after verification.